Knowing there is a professional managing your finances makes a huge difference to your stress, giving you more time to enjoy your life now, and into the future.
As retirement advice specialists, we have the experience, expertise, and tools to help steer your retirement in a direction you are comfortable with.
Retirement is no time to go on automatic pilot.
There is a tendency, once people retire, and have their lump sum invested, to think that they won't really need financial advice.
What we can tell you from experience, is that the exact opposite is true. We find that we spend much more time looking after the needs of our retired clients than we do those who are yet to retire.
There are many reasons for this. Here are the big ones:
- Centrelink – it’s a worry how many times unadvised clients do things that result in them compromising their entitlements or losing them altogether. We can help you steer well clear of these mistakes.
- Market volatility – when markets get the wobbles, clients place enormous value in having a professional adviser to turn to for market intelligence, perspective, and sound advice. They get great peace of mind from knowing we’ve got their back.
- Family finance issues – e.g., adult children who need help from time to time with buying a home, educating the children, divorce, ill-health.
- Inheritance issues – receiving an inheritance is often accompanied with a range of issues – for example, impact on Centrelink entitlements and claims or expectations of other family members.
- Estate Planning – another highly complex and emotionally charged area where it really helps to have an expert adviser, an objective third party, to help smooth things along. The premature death of your partner.
- Getting sorted financially for long trips away – and looking after things while you’re gone.
- Aged care – a highly complex area that can seem completely daunting to most people. And a subject that not everyone wants to embrace in the first place.
- Conclusion – retirement is no time to be going it alone.
Make the most of your government entitlements
Given the substantial cost of a comfortable retirement, it’s worth making the most of all the government support you’re eligible for – particularly the age pension. Even if you only end up with a very small age pension amount, we can assist with all your Centrelink needs.
Retirement is not just about having enough money to maintain your lifestyle; it is about considering life after work.
When you no longer do the 9-5 you have more time on your hands. Our clients tell us that when they feel confident, they have a retirement plan in place they enjoy a more active social life and time with friends and family, if this is you make contact today.